new in the lives of kathryn, dwayne, and sophie:
1. dwayne can no longer be deployed because of his hearing, so he is re-enlisting and we're not sure right now where we're going to go or when or for how long.
2. dwayne got a desktop computer, where the internet and my homework now live, and where he plays the stupid game "half-life 2" alll the time and it drives me crazy.
3. burt's bees is no longer a trusted brand - i put the baby bee beeswax lotion on sophie sunday after her bath and her skin broke out in a rash that is still there, 4 days later now.
4. sophie was diagnosed with excema after waiting 2 freaking hours just to talk with a nurse for less than 5 minutes.
5. i am putting steroid drops in my eyes (still), taking oral steroids, in a week i might have to get steroids injected behind my eyes, and i'm waiting to get in to see a rheumatologist to figure out what the heck is wrong with me.
6. sophie crawls... big time....
7. i made zucchini-apple muffins this morning that were bomb, i used the recipe from jane brody's good food book and did half apple half zuchhini. it is:
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. white flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. cloves
6 T. vegetable oil
1 1/4 c. grated unpeeled zucchini (or apple or both)
1 t. vanilla extract
350 degree oven for almost 30 minutes.
dwayne is not pleased that my insistence on eating meals together as a family is spilling over to breakfast now and not just dinner. he would rather just boil himself two eggs and eat them with hotsauce standing up at the kitchen sink. i think that number one, hard-boiled eggs are not a breakfast food, and two that he should be glad that his wife gets up and makes him breakfast. sheesh.