July 04, 2009

knitting lace

My first adventure into lace knitting has somehow turned into three adventures all at once:



The Mystique Sweater (Ravel it) I'm knitting for myself - I'm into the lace panels on the body now - I love this sweater so far, despite having had to cast on three (3) times to get it right. This pattern is a challenge, which is nice, assuming it all turns out right anyways. We'll see! I did the miniature cables in the raglan section, and I'm really glad I did even though it was kind of a pain. If I make this sweater again I'll have to experiment with cabling without a cable needle.



The Hemlock Ring Blanket by Brooklyn Tweed (love this blog!), which is growing so quickly that I had to order longer cables for my new Options needles already! (I love them, by the way.) I'm still on the first ball of yarn, so I think I'll be able to keep going to the very end of the chart rather than stop at the 'standard size' line.

I don't have pictures of the next one yet, but I'm so happy with it so far that I've already ordered yarn for about six more of these (or similar, depending on how bored I get with the same pattern :)... Christmas is coming, you know! It's the Lace Ribbon Scarf, and I'm beginning to wonder if the yarn I have will be enough. That may be a problem as it's in Araucania Ranco and is hand dyed - crossing my fingers that it will turn out to be an acceptable length. The yarn lady assured me that one skein would make a "very long scarf."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: