January 12, 2009

it's a beautiful thing



10 balls of yarn destined (someday) to be a sweater for Sophie. And perhaps a pair of longies, too. Who knows.

It's Wool of the Andes by KnitPicks in color Hollyberry.

I've never made a sweater before, but I really want to make the Central Park Hoodie, so I need to get this one figured out and done first.

There's also this thing, which isn't quite so beautiful:



I walked (and ran, and chased toddlers) on it for a week before I finally figured out that I should probably go get it x-rayed. It's just one small fracture on top of my foot, so it should heal pretty fast (I only have to wear the boot for a month).

Be careful on icy stairs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,
So sorry about the "boot". They are cumbersome and so stylish! You must have gotten your gift certificate from Jake for Christmas? I hope so.
Also, here is a website of a yarn place where I buy alot of yarn - cheaper.
www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com

take care - gina