March 25, 2009

works-in-progress

I read a conversation thread in the Ravelry group "I should be studying" about knitting monogamy; the idea that you should start one project and take it all the way to completion before even thinking about starting another. This is so not me. Lately I've been really bad about taking pictures of my knits before I give them away, so all I have to show you for now are some works-in-progress. I think I may have gotten carried away with starting projects lately!

First up, my sweater - hmm, not much farther along than last time. For some reason I keep pushing it to the back of the pile in favor of starting new, fast projects.



I've decreased enough on that sleeve now to need to switch to double-pointeds, but of course I can't because I'm using the ones I need for this project:



It's the beginning of Fetching, for a friend who has a birthday coming up, and I'm now done with the main part of that mitt and need to do the thumb. So, should I finish the sleeve on my sweater, or finish the mitt? And if I go with the mitt, do I then do the next one (they come in pairs, you know) before finishing the sleeve, or after? Dilemma, dilemma.

So instead I decided to make this hat (it's this same pattern - the Robin's Egg Blue Hat), it's for a woman I used to work for. She's awesome. I just need to finish darning in ends and to sew on the button.



But of course I can't do those things (darning and sewing) while watching movies, so I took a ball of yarn and a circular needle with me to a birth-film-fest at the Birth Center the other night and came out with this:



The beginning of a 2x2 ribbed hat, which was supposed to be toddler-sized but since I was watching movies as I cast on, it's looking to be a bit bigger than toddler sized. I'm sure it will fit someone.

And then last night when I should have been studying for my Anatomy & Physiology midterm, I found The Perfect Pattern on Ravelry. And it's worked on straights, which is good because nearly all my double-pointeds are in use. So of course I couldn't resist, and started in on it right away. And kept going, and going, until I had stayed up too late and had finished the knitting and bound off. More on this one later, I'm way too excited about it.

I do have some finished objects around, but I can't post them yet, because a certain someone might snoop and see their birthday presents before it's their birthday. And we certainly can't have that, now can we?

No comments: